Tuesday 2 June 2009

Welcome!


What is The Beano Project?
Glad you asked. All through my childhood (70's and 80's) I read comics. Everything from the Beano and Dandy, through to the 'lesser known' ones such as Topper, Whizzer & Chips and The Beezer. My biggest regret in life was not keeping the dozens of annuals I had as a kid. So imagine my delight on seeing Demonoid users such as geordieboy56 and Brutarn scanning issues, and annuals! I've created this blog to make sure the memory of golden-era Beano lives on, and hopefully myself, and other users, can scan all the Beano annuals. And Dandy annuals. And Beezer annuals. And... :)

5 comments:

  1. I have some annuals etc: you may want for your site how can I get in touch with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter Kavanagh3 July 2009 at 10:58

    hello.
    this looks great, i've been trawling the web for old british comics scans and the best supply i've found so far is ukcomics.com.
    some fun stuff there, proper old funny papers and that, but the scans are a bit lo-fi.
    i used to read buster, jackpot, beano, whizzer & chips (never could decide, i think i settled on chippite with whizz-kid sympathies), whoopee, wow and nutty (not all at once) from about 1980 - 1985 and my first year of pocket money probably all went on those comic libraries.
    i'd be intrigued to see some 50s and 60s bits, especially ken reid and leo baxendale's loony creations.
    calamity james i remember from somewhere.
    anyway, here's the rub:
    i don't get all this demonoid malarkey.
    it seems you have to be a member there to download files and it also seems that they are not registering new members.
    so, erm, is there any other way i can get my grubby mitts on these here comics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, if you send your email address to the gmail address (top right on this page) I'll send you a Demonoid invite.

    In the mean time, feel free to grab the comics which use MediaFire links, just click the link and 'Save as' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new blog you guys! Good to see an effort to create a central hub for all these comics that are finally seeing the light of day.Our American cousins have had it good for a long time now,but us poor sods on this side of the pond haven't fared as well.However,I feel with like minded projects like this,that will hopefully be corrected very soon! Congrats and here's hoping all the scanners out there will lend a hand.

    The Cap.

    ReplyDelete